NEW CLASSES THIS YEAR 2022
NEW CLASSES FOR THIS YEAR...2022
This year Cornwall Music Festival is excited to introduce some new classes to the Festival, broadening the opportunity for musicians to join in our annual celebration of music and enhancing the links with schools/colleges and the Cornwall Music Service Trust.
- Non-competitive Junior School Choir classes
- Classes for Ukulele groups, with or without voices
- Solo performance classes for GCSE / BTEC students to enable them to perform their exam pieces to an audience
- New classes in Pop and Rock for all those budding bands planning on making it big!
- Music Theatre Classes, for duets trio up to a group of 10. Costume and limited movement encouraged.
- Set Poems for Year 1 – 6
- Humorous poem for all agers
- An opportunity to write your own poem and perform it on a given choice of themes
Also New This Year…
Class 302 THE SKILL OF THE PIANIST IN AN ENSEMBLE CONTEXT
This new class offers pianists the opportunity to prepare a piece of chamber music to perform with a wind ensemble.
Set piece: 2nd movement of MOZART’S QUINTET for PIANO AND WINDS in Eb major, accompanied by the ensemble.
Class 300 CLARINET CONCERTO CLASS.
Entries are invited for the Clarinet Concerto Class in conjunction with Music in Roseland and the Radford Trust.
Clarinettists of Grade 6 standard and above are invited to enter for this special class, where the successful semi-finalists will have the opportunity to perform with a live ensemble the world premiere of a new work Ian Stephens, commissioned especially for the Festival.